STUDENT PRACTICUM & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
AREAS OF LEARNING INCLUDE:
Feminist Narrative Counselling, Social Work, Women’s & Gender Studies, Social Justice Studies, Anti-oppressive Practice, Somatic Trauma Therapy, Integrated Arts, Couples Therapy, Group Therapy and more.
Feminist Narrative Practice Immersion
Building advanced therapeutic fluency through immersion, rigorous practice learning, connection, and giving back.
Our certificate program provides rigorous professional development, counselling practice, and experiential learning for practicum students and working therapists who are interested in building advanced fluency in Feminist, Narrative Therapy within a supportive collective cohort model.
Involvement in our immersion program entails:
- Clinical practice (individual, couples and group counselling hours)
- 1-on-1 & cohort supervision
- Graduate mentorship
- Experiential collective learning & practise support
You will receive a certificate upon completion of the immersion program.
Scholarship and exchange learning opportunities are offered to selected practicum students who are enrolled in a university counselling program and who demonstrate keen interest and passion for Feminist, Narrative Therapy as well as collectivist and feminist values.
For immersion program applications and information: admin[at]prochoices[dot]ca
Our workshops are facilitated by our graduates, clinic supervisors, and our clinic director.
In the custom of Narrative Therapy, we consult the insider perspectives of our clients as well as the students learning alongside them. Their stories of discovery and skill development will demonstrate an integration of the theories that inform a Feminist, Narrative Therapy approach and workshop exercises will invite an experiential learning and embodied practice experience.
Our University Affiliates
- Adler University, Master of Counselling Psychology
- Athabasca University, Master of Counselling
- City University, Master of Counselling
- Pacifica Graduate Institute
- Prescott College, Masters of Counselling Program
- Trinity Western, MA in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Yorkville University, MA in Counselling Psychology
- UBC, School of Social Work
- Vancouver College of Counsellor Training
- Vancouver Community College