PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & STUDENT PRACTICUM OPPORTUNITIES
Feminist Narrative Practice Immersion
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR FALL (SEPTEMBER 2018) COHORT!
The Feminist Narrative Immersion is a customized, practice-based training program that provides rigorous professional development, counselling practice, and experiential learning. It is designed for both practicum students and working professionals who are interested in building advanced fluency in Feminist Narrative Therapy within a supportive collective cohort model.
Throughout the program, you will practice as a Learning Therapist at our clinic and become an active member of the learning community. You will work closely with the clinic supervisor, graduate therapists and your cohort, providing low barrier counselling services to clients from all walks of life. (See client page for our intake criteria)
AREAS OF LEARNING INCLUDE:
Feminist Narrative Counselling, Social Work, Women’s & Gender Studies, Social Justice Studies, Anti-oppressive Practice, Somatic Trauma Therapy, Integrated Arts, Couples Therapy, Group Therapy and more…
THIS PROGRAM OFFERS:
- Clinical practice (individual, couples and group counselling hours)
- 1-on-1 & group supervision
- Cohort learning & practice
- Mentorship from graduate therapists
- Experiential collective learning & practise support
- Flexible learning & practice schedule
Why the $400?
What are the many returns for the learner and for the community?
- A certificate in Feminist Narrative practice
- Gained mastery in your therapeutic skills
- The opportunity to develop knowledge and skills in areas in many other areas in the field such as research, writing, non-profit management, community development, curriculum design, workshop development and presentation, and more
Development and expansion into many diverse and creative therapeuticmodalities, including somatic work, integrated arts, play therapy, couples therapy, family therapy, and more
Your practice advantages many people who would be otherwise unable to accessaffordable, quality therapy
Your involvement contributes to the for social justice advocacy and thepromotion of Feminist political therapy
Qualification for various registration bodies, such as: BCACC, ACCT, RSW
Your involvement supports the ecosystem of this unfunded grassroots social profit organization
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Our workshops are facilitated by our learning therapist, graduate therapists, clinic supervisors, and clinic director.
In the custom of Narrative Therapy, we consult the insider perspectives of our clients as well as the students learning alongside them. Their stories of discovery and skill development will demonstrate an integration of the theories that inform a Feminist, Narrative Therapy approach and workshop exercises will invite an experiential learning and embodied practice experience.
If you would like to receive invitations for upcoming workshops, or invite us to present at your organization, please email admin[at]prochoices[dot]ca
Our University Affiliates
- Adler University, Master of Counselling Psychology
- Athabasca University, Master of Counselling
- City University, Master of Counselling
- Pacifica Graduate Institute
- Prescott College, Masters of Counselling Program
- Trinity Western, MA in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Yorkville University, MA in Counselling Psychology
- UBC, School of Social Work
- Vancouver College of Counsellor Training
- Vancouver Community College