STUDENT PRACTICUM & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
AREAS OF LEARNING INCLUDE:
Feminist Narrative Counselling, Social Work, Women’s & Gender Studies, Social Justice Studies, Anti-oppressive Practice, Somatic Trauma Therapy, Integrated Arts, Couples Therapy, Group Therapy and more.
Feminist Narrative Practice Immersion
The Feminist Narrative Immersion is a customized, practice-based training program that provides rigorous professional development, counselling practice, and experiential learning. It is designed for both practicum students and working professionals who are interested in building advanced fluency in Feminist Narrative Therapy within a supportive collective cohort model.
Throughout the program, you will practice as a Learning Therapist at our clinic and become an active member of the learning community. You will work closely with the clinic supervisor, graduate therapists and your cohort, providing low barrier counselling services to clients from all walks of life.(See client page for our intake criteria)
Involvement in our immersion program entails:
- Clinical practice (individual, couples and group counselling hours)
- 1-on-1 supervision
- Cohort learning and group supervision
- Mentorship from graduate therapist
- Experiential collective learning & practise support
You will receive a certificate upon completion of the immersion program.
For immersion program applications and information: admin[at]prochoices[dot]ca
Our workshops are facilitated by our graduates, clinic supervisors, and our clinic director.
In the custom of Narrative Therapy, we consult the insider perspectives of our clients as well as the students learning alongside them. Their stories of discovery and skill development will demonstrate an integration of the theories that inform a Feminist, Narrative Therapy approach and workshop exercises will invite an experiential learning and embodied practice experience.
Our University Affiliates
- Adler University, Master of Counselling Psychology
- Athabasca University, Master of Counselling
- City University, Master of Counselling
- Pacifica Graduate Institute
- Prescott College, Masters of Counselling Program
- Trinity Western, MA in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Yorkville University, MA in Counselling Psychology
- UBC, School of Social Work
- Vancouver College of Counsellor Training
- Vancouver Community College