Therapy at ProChoices are provided by supervised practicum students, clinical counsellors, social workers, and other mental health professionals who are learning the Feminist Narrative therapy approach.
Want to become a Learning Therapist at ProChoices? See drop down menus below.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & PRACTICUM OPPORTUNITIES
Feminist Narrative Practice Immersion
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SPRING (jANUARY 2019) COHORT!
The Feminist Narrative Immersion is a customized, practice-based training program that provides rigorous professional development, counselling practice, and experiential learning. It is designed for both practicum students and working professionals who are interested in building advanced fluency in Feminist Narrative Therapy within a supportive collective cohort model.
Throughout the program, you will practice as a Learning Therapist at our clinic and become an active member of the learning community. You will work closely with the clinic supervisor, graduate therapists and your cohort, providing low barrier counselling services to clients from all walks of life. (See client page for our intake criteria)
AREAS OF LEARNING INCLUDE:
Feminist Narrative Counselling, Social Work, Women’s & Gender Studies, Social Justice Studies, Anti-oppressive Practice, Somatic Trauma Therapy, Integrated Arts, Couples Therapy, Group Therapy and more…
THIS PROGRAM OFFERS:
- Clinical practice (individual, couples and group counselling hours)
- 1-on-1 & group supervision
- Cohort learning & practice
- Mentorship from graduate therapists
- Experiential collective learning & practise support
- Flexible learning & practice schedule
What are the many returns for the learner and for the community?
- A certificate in Feminist Narrative practice
- Gained mastery in your therapeutic skills
- Qualification for various registration bodies, such as: BCACC, ACCT, RSW
- The opportunity to develop knowledge and skills in areas such as research, writing, non-profit management, community development, curriculum design, workshop development and more
Development and expansion into many diverse and creative therapeutic modalities, including somatic work, integrated arts, play therapy, couples therapy, family therapy, and more
Your practice advantages many people who would be otherwise unable to access affordable, quality therapy
Your involvement contributes to social justice advocacy and the promotion of Feminist political therapy
Your involvement supports the ecosystem of this unfunded grassroots social profit organization
Why the $400?
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Informed by the principles of experiential learning and embodied practice experience, our workshops are interactive and facilitated by our learning therapist, graduate therapists, clinic supervisors, and clinic director.
In the custom of Narrative Therapy, we consult the insider perspectives of our clients as well as the therapists learning alongside them. Their stories of discovery and skill development will demonstrate an integration of the theories that inform a Feminist, Narrative Therapy approach.
Contact us to schedule an professional development workshop that can be customized to your organization’s specific focus, needs, and learning goals.
- Connection as a Stance: Sustenance through Feminist Narrative Practice ( A Workshop for Downtown Eastside Direct Service Workers )
- Supporting Brave Practice – An Introduction to the Feminist Narrative Approach
If you would like to receive invitations for upcoming workshops, or invite us to present at your organization, please email admin[at]prochoices[dot]ca
Our University Affiliates
- Adler University, Master of Counselling Psychology
- Athabasca University, Master of Counselling
- City University, Master of Counselling
- Pacifica Graduate Institute
- Prescott College, Masters of Counselling Program
- Trinity Western, MA in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Yorkville University, MA in Counselling Psychology
- UBC, School of Social Work
- Vancouver College of Counsellor Training
- Vancouver Community College