ProChoices is currently seeking new Board members to help us continue to grow and sustain our non-profit organization. Join us to expand your experience, apply your knowledge and skills in a new environment, and to contribute to mental health access in our community.
We are a feminist, grassroots non-profit that is committed to providing accessible radical narrative therapy as well as training and certification for university students and working professionals. We welcome individuals with a range of backgrounds who are interested in helping our clinic thrive.
At this time, we are especially interested in individuals with skills and experience in finance, governance, communications, administration, fundraising and grant-writing. We are also seeking individuals to fill the following executive roles (President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary) either now or in future. Full descriptions of these positions are listed on our website.
We are currently seeking candidates for our Board who:
- Have experience on Boards for non-profit agencies or managerial experience working within non-profit agencies or similar education or experience.
- Support feminist approaches to counselling, social justice, and community-based mental health care
- Enjoy working in a collaborative, collectivist environment
- Have a record of success in completing projects and honouring commitments
- Want to be part of a diverse community in which learning is valued
- Appreciate and respect differing perspectives and approaches
- Are able to attend monthly meetings (in-person or remotely) and serve for at least one-year (barring unexpected events).
Please note that new Board members must be eligible to serve as Directors, in accordance with the BC Societies Act (Section 44).
If you believe you would be a good fit for our Board, send a resume and a brief letter of interest (100-350 words) by email to email@example.com by May 22, 2018. In your letter of interest, please share why you want to join our organization, what skills and experience you hope to contribute, and, if applicable, what roles you would be interested in filling now or in future. We look forward to meeting you!
2017 AGM Garden Luncheon